Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Thynn Win <th...@thitsaworks.com> on 2017/05/17 15:01:21 UTC

RE: [Mifos-developer] Requirements Discussion for Mobile Money Integration Project for Google Summer of Code -- notes

Hi all,

Thank you for participating in the meeting this morning.

High level info flow

Funds from customer

  1.  Loans - Undo Disbursals    -- can be triggered by MFI from Mifos (Need to handle failed transactions) or Mobile Money GUI
  2.  Loans – Make Repayments – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app or self-service app
  3.  Loans – Prepay Loans – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app or self-service app
  4.  Savings – Deposits – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app or self-service app
  5.  Loans – charges, etc. – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app or self-service app

For #2-5, MMP will initiate a request to the gateway with MFI client phone number or specific account number (loan 1#, loan 2#, savingings #,etc).

A list of active account numbers and amount owe will be returned to MMP and MFI client has an option to either choose the exact amount or enter an amount.

Funds to customer

  1.  Loan disbursement – triggered by MFI from Mifos (Need to handle failed transactions) or Mobile Money GUI.
  2.  Withdrawal from Savings – triggered by MFI from Mifos (need to handle failed transactions) or Mobile Money GUI.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2CEFC.E9C1AC30]

As for database design (mobile money), we’d like to request a few more tables.

A table for saving transaction-status.

-Tenant-transactions-id

-date/time of transaction (when it hit mobile money gateway)

-status

-API return code (from either side provider or Fineract)

-Server ip of the request

-Comments or error details/codes

-External id (transaction id of external system)

In tenant-transactions table, we should save all the information that’d be transmitted either direction.

  1.  The json or messages itself or
  2.  critical information in the message such as client account number with provider (at the time of the transaction), what amount was returned/received via the API, etc.
*we’d need all the details to troubleshoot and reconcile on each end.

In tenants table, should we add tenant identifier, MFI api url, etc to let this platform know which tenant/database/server.

For item #2-5 above (where 3rd party retrieving info), we should check whether the MFI client is associated with this MMP. Otherwise, we should NOT return any result for security reasons. Only allow legitimate requests for lookup info. For this, we will need to store a relationship between MMP and MFI Client and a workflow for maintaining this info.

Feature request

  1.  Mobile money gateway UI to display transactions for reconciling (reports, etc)
  2.  Mobile money gateway UI to show error report for monitoring purposes
  3.  In Mifos, allow saving of different phone number for different MMP payment type

Thanks,
Thynn

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Thanks to all who joined the call.

Here's a some brief notes and additional information that we need which
would help Vladimir greatly in this project.

Information Needed

   -

   Need partners and users in the community to share the high-level
   transaction flows that need to be supported
   -

      What are the inbound transactions (client to MFI)?
      -

      What are the outbound transactions (MFI to client)?
      -

      Explain from the perspective of the user (client or MFI staff) how a
      transaction is initiated and effected via whatever device (USSD
interface,
      smartphone interface, web interface (staff))
      -

      Identify what information is or needs to be passed on during the
      transaction
      -

   Understanding this will help us know what information must flow from/to
   Mifos/Fineract and the mobile money system via the mobile money gateway
   -

   Partners need to provide access to the mobile money APIs for their
   country/region.

Outstanding Questions

   -

   What happens when clients have multiple financial accounts with the MFI
   (i.e. loan account(s), savings accounts)?
   -

      If using the client mobile # as unique identifier, how do you specify
      which account transfer should go to?
      -

      Does mobile money provider allow additional information to be passed
      on, if so what and how?
      -

   What happens if a client has multiple mobile money accounts (i.e. one
   with MTN and one with Orange Money)
   -

      How do you distinguish their different mobile #s in Mifos/Fineract?
      -

   Do clients pay for a group loan via a single mobile money account?
   -

      How do you handle allocation of such payments?

Phasing

   -

   Phase 0
   -

      GSOC 2016 (complete)
      -

         Initial development of gateway/mobile money integration module &
         stand-alone UI with focus on MTN Cameroon
         -

   Phase 1 - GSOC 2017
   -

      Complete Mobile Money Gateway
      -

         Make generic to support integration with mobile money APIs from
         different providers
         -

            Currently testing with Beyonic (multiple countries), Myanmar,
            Cameroon, Kenya
            -

         Support the transaction flows outlined above.
         -

      UI
      -

         Staff - Users of Mifos/Fineract to initiate disbursements should
         be able to do that from the current Web UI - no separate UI
should be needed
         -

         Clients - clients should be able to initiate mobile money
         transactions from the mobile money providers’ UI - USSD or Smartphone
         -

         UI for checking status of payments, etc.
         -

   Phase 2 - GSOC 2017
   -

      UI - Clients should be able to initiate mobile money transactions via
      a Mifos self-service Android app
      -

         Could extend off of the UI that Daniel built in 2016.

Posted by Thynn Win <th...@thitsaworks.com>.
Hi Ed,

FYI - We have created the requests at Fineract JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-468
Mobile Money Module -- reports for monitoring and logging

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-469
Mobile Money Module -- support for a client having different tel numbers with different MMPs

edcable@mifos.org<ma...@mifos.org> | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649<tel:(484)%20477-8649>

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Thynn,