Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by burns <er...@lmco.com> on 2011/05/26 22:28:11 UTC

Re: Hundreds and hundreds of threads on Connection.Start()

I'm using NMS.ActiveMQ version 1.5.0.  I have two applications on the same
machine that use JMS to communicate.  I am using the following URI to
connect:

failover:tcp://localhost:61616

Here is the code I use to make the connection:

// Create a connection using ActiveMQ implementation
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory factory = new
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory( uri );
Apache.NMS.IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection();
connection.Start();

gc pops up an error message box saying "Fatal error in gc: too many threads"
before connection.Start() returns.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 13:28 -0700, burns wrote:
> I'm using NMS.ActiveMQ version 1.5.0.  I have two applications on the same
> machine that use JMS to communicate.  I am using the following URI to
> connect:
>
> failover:tcp://localhost:61616
>
> Here is the code I use to make the connection:
>
> // Create a connection using ActiveMQ implementation
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory factory = new
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory( uri );
> Apache.NMS.IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection();
> connection.Start();
>
> gc pops up an error message box saying "Fatal error in gc: too many threads"
> before connection.Start() returns.

I've never seen anything like that happen during testing.  Perhaps you
can create a test case and provide steps for reproducing the issue.

Regards

> Timothy Bish wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 07:39 -0800, burns wrote:
> >> When I call Apache.NMS.IConnection.Start(), it spawns no less than 800
> >> threads.  The gc debugger that I'm using has a default maximum of 256.
> >> Are
> >> the 800 threads intentional?  It seems like an awful lot.
> >
> > We'd need a bit more info to help you out, 800 threads spawned is not
> > expected in this case.  Can you provide some more context on what you
> > are doing, what version of NMS.ActiveMQ or NMS.Stomp.... What URI did
> > you use to connect?   Any other context that you can provide would be
> > helpful here.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > --
> > Tim Bish