Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Ma...@ers.com on 2002/08/07 16:26:45 UTC

Using an External Schema for Validation

Is there any way to specify an external schema to be used by Xalan for
validation?
Or do I have to parse the XML document myself and then use Xalan to
transform it?

Marc

Using an External Schema for Validation

Posted by Merlin Moncure <me...@radiosoft.com>.
Xalan does validate the document's schema, if it can resolve it.  I had some
issues because the stable distro of xalan was bundled with xerces 1.6 which
does not have as good a schema processor as 2.0 (but it still works,
generally).  xalan.exe that comes with the distro will report schema errors
to stderr.

Merlin