Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Alexander Krasilnikov <we...@neonweb.ru> on 2001/03/22 17:38:00 UTC

Encoding error in Xalan 2

Hi all!

       I try to replace my old Xalan Java 1 by Xalan 2.0.0 and i have an
    error during xsl processing: "Encoding 'windows-1251' doesn't
    support" ("windows-1251" - is windows russain encoding).
                This xsl files were processed by Xalan 1 successfully.
    What does this error mean? How can i solve this problem without of
    reencoding of my xsl files?

Best regards. Alexander.

Encoding error in Xalan 2

Posted by Alexander Krasilnikov <we...@neonweb.ru>.
Hello, all!

       I have posted a message about problem with russian encoding
       with Xalan 2 already, but there were no answers. So excuse me
       for second more detailed question...

       I use Xalan 2.0.0. for transforming a XML DOM to HTML via XSL
       templates. The header of XSL file is:

       "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>"

       ...and Xalan 2 output error:

       "initXSL.javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
       The encoding "windows-1251" is not supported."

       ... but Xalan 1 works successfull on the same XSL templates!

       Is the unsupporting of international encodings a feature of
       Xalan2 or i make some error???

Best regards. Thanks for answers. Alexander.