Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Nikita Rybak <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 17:43:49 UTC

Re: ways to contribute

I'm sorry for late response. I've not got my email client right to
handle mailing lists and thought project was stale for several weeks.

> Thanks for your patch for WODEN-218. Did you start working on any
> other JIRA issues ?
No, actually I had decided to move on to other project after seeing no
activity here. But I would still like to pitch in.
Sagara, I guess, you would be the right person to ask what's worth
working on? It appears, you've fixed a lot of issues and many of them
are not committed, so it would not be wise for me just to pick one.

And congratulations on your new status!

Nikita

> Thanks ,
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Sagara
> Gunathunga<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeremy ,
>> Thanks for updating and volunteering for commit the patches, since
>> more than one year I'm contributing  to this project ,i believe i can
>> play a significant role now to keep project  alive :)
>>
>> Since still I'm not a committer i need your ( Also any other
>> committers ) help to commit the patches. I just finalizing a plan ( a
>> to do list) to restart our development. Hopefully i can post it
>> within
>> today so that you can get an clear idea. Also welcome for your
>> comments.
>>
>> Thanks ,
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Jeremy Hughes<hu...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Sagara,
>>>
>>> I believe John and Lawrence have moved on to other projects. I
>>> myself
>>> have too, but I would like to encourage anyone who wishes to get
>>> involved in Woden and help bring on new committers to keep the
>>> project
>>> alive. I'll take a look at some of the JIRA issues / patches you

Re: ways to contribute

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikita,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Nikita Rybak<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, I'll look into 1.1 and 2.0 specifications for what has to be
> done.

That's good.

> One more question about the process. I still don't understand why all the
> patches people made are never committed. Is it a casual for apache projects
> to merge all the patches in milestone release? Or is it just a lack of work
> force?  From my experience, many people modifying same file can create some
> problems with svn.

Both facts you mentioned  are  true for some extend but the main
reason is WODEN-211 [1]  . There is a ongoing process to make Woden
directory layout to follow more Maven conventions, this will result in
to lot of changes in directory layout. Keeping other changes as
patches Until WODEN-211 committed is easy for project maintenance and
also avoid possible conflicts.

[1] - http://brutus.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-211

Re: ways to contribute

Posted by Nikita Rybak <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I'll look into 1.1 and 2.0 specifications for what has to
be done.
One more question about the process. I still don't understand why all
the patches people made are never committed. Is it a casual for apache
projects to merge all the patches in milestone release? Or is it just
a lack of work force?  From my experience, many people modifying same
file can create some problems with svn.

Thanks,
Nikita

Re: ways to contribute