Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by ma...@pfeuffer-net.de on 2004/07/22 08:09:07 UTC

xpath query against a collection-hierarchy

Hi,

is it possible to run a xpath query against a collection and it's
subcollections?

Collection-Hierarchy:

/db
  /collection_1
    /collection_2
    /collection_3
  /collection_4

How can I query all collection (1-4) at the same time.

By using
xindice xpath -c /db/collection_1 -q "XPATH-STRING"
I only get results from collection_1, not from collection_2 or collection_3.

Thanx a lot for your help!

Sven Pfeuffer

--
Sven Pfeuffer     ***     mailbox@pfeuffer-net.de

Re: xpath query against a collection-hierarchy

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
mailbox@pfeuffer-net.de wrote:

> We want to store XML eLearning-Content with Xindice. The collections
> are organized as our project structure. Within a project-collection,
> the are multiple collections in which we store the content of certain
> paragraphs of our project. Here's an example:
>
> /db
> /db/project1: eCommerce
> /db/project1/b2b
> /db/project1/b2c
> /db/project1/b2g
> /db/project2: SCM
> /db/project2/introdution
> /db/project2/scor
>
> Now we want to query XML-Documents within the whole database, which
> match certain patterns, e.g. author=Sven.
>
> If xindice can't do the job, I'll write a method, which does the query
> recursively for the whole collection-structure.

This feature is not supported by Xindice yet, it is on TODO list:
   http://xml.apache.org/xindice/todo.html
Some work has been done to implement this:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107584437000004&r=1

You can read thread above if you want to help implementing this feature.

Vadim

RE: xpath query against a collection-hierarchy

Posted by ma...@pfeuffer-net.de.
Hello Laxma,

thank you for your answer.

We want to store XML eLearning-Content with Xindice. The collections are
organized as our project structure. Within a project-collection, the are
multiple collections in which we store the content of certain paragraphs of
our project. Here's an example:

/db
/db/project1: eCommerce
/db/project1/b2b
/db/project1/b2c
/db/project1/b2g
/db/project2: SCM
/db/project2/introdution
/db/project2/scor

Now we want to query XML-Documents within the whole database, which match
certain patterns, e.g. author=Sven.

If xindice can't do the job, I'll write a method, which does the query
recursively for the whole collection-structure.

Best regards,

Sven Pfeuffer.

--
Sven Pfeuffer     ***     mailbox@pfeuffer-net.de