Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bob Butterworth <BB...@techpro.com> on 2006/09/12 06:01:58 UTC

Beginning Subversion - 404 Not Found

Ok, i've been diving into Subversion tonight with a fresh debian install
and then installing subversion using the combination of tutorials from

http://www.xhtml.net/articles/subversion-apache2-debian

http://wiki.freaks-unidos.net/Apache2%20SSL%20and%20Subversion%20in%20De
bian

I created a repository at /var/svn-repos

and added to my apache config

<Location /svn>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /var/svn-repos
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "My Subversion Repository"
   AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
   Require valid-user
   SSLRequireSSL
</Location

I can browse to my my machine and it comes up with the apache default
page

I can add /svn at the end and it will say My Subversion Repository and
ask me for a user name and password. It accepts my username and password
but then give me a 404 error like it's not finding any files.  Any
ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Bob

Re: Beginning Subversion - 404 Not Found

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 01:01:58AM -0500, Bob Butterworth wrote:

> I can add /svn at the end and it will say My Subversion Repository and
> ask me for a user name and password. It accepts my username and password
> but then give me a 404 error like it's not finding any files.  Any
> ideas?

/svn/ is correct (note the slash at the end)

Rainer

Re: Beginning Subversion - 404 Not Found

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 12, 2006, at 08:01, Bob Butterworth wrote:

> I created a repository at /var/svn-repos
>
> and added to my apache config
>
> <Location /svn>
>    DAV svn
>    SVNPath /var/svn-repos
>    AuthType Basic
>    AuthName "My Subversion Repository"
>    AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
>    Require valid-user
>    SSLRequireSSL
> </Location
>
> I can browse to my my machine and it comes up with the apache
> default page
>
> I can add /svn at the end and it will say My Subversion Repository
> and ask me for a user name and password. It accepts my username and
> password but then give me a 404 error like it's not finding any
> files.  Any ideas?

What does the Apache error log say? What exactly is it trying and
failing to find?