Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ian Maloney <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/16 21:51:03 UTC

Windows Drill 1.2 ODBC Driver

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Windows ODBC driver up and running for drill. I've
tried using both the 64 and 32 bit versions of the 1.2 release against both
1.2 and 1.3 drill releases running on Linux.

Even though I can see the schemas in ODBC manager, when I try to test the
connection or select "Ok", the app crashes. I was able to get a connection
from my Mac to the same instance of drill/zookeeper, but Windows has
crashed every time. Any advice?

Re: Windows Drill 1.2 ODBC Driver

Posted by Ian Maloney <ra...@gmail.com>.
I only have Windows 7 to test with.

I'm using a distributed configuration, I put the same values for cluster
name and ZK quorum in as I have in the drill-override.conf file for my
drillbits. I don't have authentication and can actually see the correct
list of schemas in the ODBC Administrator's drop down.

I can ping each ZK and drillbit host from Windows command prompt...

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
Have not seen the ODBC admin crashing with Windows 7. DO you have other Windows systems in your environment to test with as well?

What configuration are you using for the ODBC connection?

Please note that if you use ZK you need to make sure the Windows system can resolve the ZK node(s) host names. Also make sure you have network connectivity and name resolution for the all the drillbits. Have seen that in certain network environments.

https://drill.apache.org/docs/installing-the-driver-on-windows/ <https://drill.apache.org/docs/installing-the-driver-on-windows/>

--Andries

Posted by Ian Maloney <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.