Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Joseph Spisak <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/05 05:07:54 UTC

[Vote] New MXNet Logo

Let's vote on a new MXNet logo.  Thoughts on this one?
 [ ] +1; Yep, love it!
 [ ] -1; Hate it, because <reason>

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.
+1

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Minjie Wang <mi...@nyu.edu>.
I see.

-1; Not "hate" it. But it is a little bit mediocre. It has the same color
theme with many other logos (e.g. github). I hope we could have some
graphical logo that could be put with this text logo together that has
brighter color.

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by "Spisak, Joseph" <sp...@amazon.com>.

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Minjie Wang <mi...@nyu.edu>.
Do we have other candidates?

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Hongliang Liu <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1; Yep, love it!

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Nudge to close the vote.

https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html describes Apache votes.
Typically at this point the vote caller would:

a) Create a "[RESULT] New MXNet Logo" thread as a reply to the original
vote email.
b) Summarise the votes (+1, ±0 and -1);
c) Break them down by binding (PPMC) and non-binding votes. Currently all
committers to the project are considered PPMC members so
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mxnet.html can be used for the list.
d) Review the -1s, if any. Treat differently based on code vote (veto) or
procedural vote (majority).
e) Call the vote a pass or fail.

Tbh - I don't know how the process junkies would view a logo vote :)
Whenever I'm reviewing a vote thread's -1s, I consider the reasons given.
If a -1 is given without a reason in a thread, I would ask the voter to
provide one.

In this case our one -1 is a preference rather than a problem. As no one
else joined in on the preference, and as the +1s were preferences in the
opposite direction, I would consider this vote passed.

End of the day - Apache projects are more about consensus than Robert's
Rules of Order (parliamentary procedure document for running meetings :) ).
The vote caller is using their skill to measure the community, and if in
doubt you can always ask the community for their thoughts.

Hen

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1; Yep, love it!

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Sebastian <ss...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Sebastian <ss...@apache.org>.
Dear John,

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Ziheng Jiang <zi...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Ziheng Jiang
Fudan University | Computer Science

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Yuan Tang <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

________________________________

Re: [Vote] New MXNet Logo

Posted by Yutian Li <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1; Yep, love it!

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM Joseph Spisak <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [image: 4fa5b582-cce6-11e6-8dec-a3a69e3b4fe7.png]
>
> Let's vote on a new MXNet logo.  Thoughts on this one?
>
>  [ ] +1; Yep, love it!
>
>  [ ] -1; Hate it, because <reason>
>

> --
Best regards,