Posted to community@apache.org by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net> on 2003/01/29 01:02:56 UTC

RE: You can at.....

Dirk, I apologize for using you as an example, and implying that you were
using your 'hat'.  You were not.

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> writes:

> On 28 Jan 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> writes:
> >
> > > So I'll do the deed - any objections to inviting Tim in here ? Feel free
> > > to drop Tim of the Cc to preserve dignity/privacy.
> >
> > I wouldn't mind if you also forget to unsubscribe him after this
> > discussion ends.
>
> Nope; I do not think that that was the pattern agreed to for this list
> (though this list can change the rules any time they can get consensus
> over it) - once invited in, is invited in as part of the community@.

Even better!

--
Joe Schaefer

RE: You can at.....

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@mvdb.net>.
+1
Get the guy in :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> writes:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
> > So I'll do the deed - any objections to inviting Tim in here ?
>
> As the factual proposer: sure!

Noone objects to Tim's invitation. I personally would like to
ensure that since he's here now, he can also expect to stay here
as long as he likes.  I'm glad to relearn that our prior vote
already established that.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Steven Noels wrote:
>

>>Related to that: _who_ is able to request access for invited parties?
>

> AFAIK Anyone on this list. Or at least that was the consensus after
> 150Mbyte or more of dicussion on open and closedness :-)

I just saw Stefano's vote round up: every committer. Which means Tim
won't be able to propose his own friends.

Anyway, sorry for the noise.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> Related to that: _who_ is able to request access for invited parties?

AFAIK Anyone on this list. Or at least that was the consensus after
150Mbyte or more of dicussion on open and closedness :-)

Dw.

Re: You can at.....

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> So I'll do the deed - any objections to inviting Tim in here ?

As the factual proposer: sure!

Related to that: _who_ is able to request access for invited parties? I
could as well have come up with a vote, but was reluctant to do so since
I felt there was some discussion about the topic on members@ (I might be
wrong about that, of course).

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: You can at.....

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> No trouble. Meanwhile I've asked Andrew to get you subscribed here - but
> his interest are not with this list.

I don't even think that Andrew subscribes here.

> So I'll do the deed - any objections to inviting Tim in here ? Feel free
> to drop Tim of the Cc to preserve dignity/privacy.

Fine with me (+1 if it matters).  I was just replying to him that if he
wants on, he should just ask in order to start whatever process exists.

	--- Noel

RE: You can at.....