Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Alexander <al...@familie-schweizer.net> on 2009/10/08 17:18:48 UTC

Digital Products

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how I can associate a file with a digital product?
As far as I understood a customer can download the digital product
after the buying process - but I don't know how I can define the file
that "is the product".

Thanx in advance!

Cheers
Alexander

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Alexander <al...@familie-schweizer.net>.
Hi Scott,
thanx for your reply.

I also have the "digital gizmo" in my system. But I have the following
problems:
> If I order the gizmo as a customer, I get no possibility the
> download the file (it ist not shown in my customer-account for
> downloading)
> In the backoffice I don't know where I can see the file associated
> with the gizmo... Shouldn't it appear under "List Associated Content
> infos" on the content-detail-page?
> If I upload a file (under content) to my own digital product I get
> the message that the upload was succesfull - but I can't sse the
> file in the backend and I get no possibilty to download it after
> purchasing it as a customer in the frontend...

> I looked at the link you sent me - it all looks the same there

perhaps I didn't understand the whole thing... thanx for further help

best regards
alexander

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Go Product -> Product Content

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
At least
http://markmail.org/message/x6nqqtijoshth3re
http://markmail.org/message/isj5k62mlvdjbhf5

Jacques

From: "Alexander" <al...@familie-schweizer.net>

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Alexander1893 <al...@familie-schweizer.net>.
Hi Ruth,

thanks for your reply!
I will try the desribed steps.

But actually I'm really confused...

> There's a link in the Back-Office on a Product-Detail-Page saying
> "Content"
> There I can add content with the type "digital download".
>> But obviously this does nothing ?!?
>> Even the "digital gizmo" in the demo application does not offer a
>> download after ordering in the frontend... (and that's in the demo
>> application)

Perhaps I'm too stupid - but shouldn't I get a download-Link in the order
history in the front-end after ordering a digital gizmo???

Otherwise I cannot see the sense of the content-type "digital-download"...

could PLEASE anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanx
Alexander

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Alexander:

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Alexander1893 <al...@familie-schweizer.net>.
Hi,

Re: Digital Products

Posted by S K Pradeep kumar <s....@gmail.com>.

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Alexander1893 <al...@familie-schweizer.net>.
Hi all,

Re: Digital Products

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Alexander:
One way to do this:

    Use the Content Manager application to create a "Data Resource" for
    each file. OFBiz "Data Resources" are similar to "meta-data"
    descriptions for files or other electronic media used by OFBiz.

    Use the Content Manager application to create a "Content" record for
    each file. Content records point to "Data Resources."

    Use the Catalog Manager application to create a "Product" for each
    file. Create a product from each "Content" artifact created above.

If you want more information about how to use the Catalog Manager,
please consider purchasing my new book:
"Getting Started w/Apache OFBiz The Catalog Manager". See:
http://www.myofbiz.com for more specifics.

Regards,
Ruth Hoffman
Author, Mentor & OFBiz Enthusiast