Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Dan Field <df...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/06 19:21:38 UTC

cordova-plugin-file-transfer

The Android version of this plugin makes calls to file.delete on abort()
and on a failed/partial download().

Any thoughts on updating this logic to first write garbage to the file
before deleting it to make recovery of sensitive data more difficult?  I'm
getting complaints from my security team that file.delete could potentially
leave data recoverable, even if it's fairly unlikely.

Dan Field

Re: cordova-plugin-file-transfer

Posted by Dan Field <df...@gmail.com>.
Well, actually, I'm becoming less convinced that overwriting the file would
really improve security - the OS could end up writing the new data to a
different location on the card, leaving the partially downloaded data
anyway.

Unless anyone has a better idea, I'm probably going to have to go back to
my security team and just tell them we're not storing anything worth
worrying about this much anyway...

Posted by Dan Field <df...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.