Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by japher <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/09 17:25:48 UTC

[Trinidad] another tr:selectOneChoice + autoSubmit + PPR type question

Hi,

I have two selectOneChoice components, and I want to have the second one
invisible until the user selects a value from the first. My code looks like:

                      value="#{bindings.PipelineCode.inputValue}"
                      label="#{bindings.PipelineCode.label}"
                      autoSubmit="true">
            <f:selectItems value="#{bindings.PipelineCode.items}" id="si1"/>
                      value="#{bindings.StatusCode.inputValue}"
                      label="#{bindings.StatusCode.label}"
                      rendered="#{bindings.PipelineCode.inputValue != null}"
                      partialTriggers="socPipeline">
            <f:selectItems value="#{bindings.StatusCode.items}" id="si2"/>

I know that you can't ordinarily use PPR along with the rendered attribute,
which is why I have added the panelGroupLayout which also has a partial
trigger set.

For some reason, although the auto submit occurs, the value of
#{bindings.PipelineCode.inputValue} never changes. It remains blank even
when I select a value in the first select box, and so the second select box
is never rendered. Does anyone know why the value is not being persisted
into the model?

Re: [Trinidad] another tr:selectOneChoice + autoSubmit + PPR type question

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Maybe it is due to a submitted value being set?

Try wrapping the selectOneChoice boxes in a tr:subform and see if that
makes a difference