Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Siu <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/08 02:03:47 UTC

Is Lucene transacted when adding to index?

Just some dump questions from a newbie:

- Is Lucene tractacted during 'add documents' to index?

- What happen when the process crashes in the middle of adding to the index?

- Will Lucene auto detect if the index is corrupted (and auto fix it)?

Thanks.

RE: Is Lucene transacted when adding to index?

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
Lucene(Java) 2.3 supports transactions and is free.

DIGY

RE: What is the limit of Lucene index file?

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I use Lucene.Net with 10s of millions of docs without a problem.
If you are not intented to  index whole internet, there shouldn't be any
problem.

DIGY

What is the limit of Lucene:  # of docs per index?

In RangeFilter.Bits(), for example, it initializes a bitset to the size of
maxDoc from the indexReader.  I wonder what happen if the # of docs is huge,
say MaxInt (4G in 32bit or 2^63 in 64 bit)?

What is the limit of Lucene index file?