Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 22:58:09 UTC

Travis Changes

Just wanted to point out that on the recent bump to Tornado 5.x Travis
started having trouble given the older python version it was running. I
moved us up off of Trusty Ubuntu to Xenial and It seemed to solve the
problem:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/1212/commits/db42513018820081cb50a8e6917b8426a0fec679

I did try Bionic but it seems that Travis didn't support  java 8 directly
on that platform. We would need to do our own install there. I imagine
that's a problem for the future for our pre-Java 11 builds which will
likely be 3.3.x and 3.4.x. Perhaps those branches for travis will just stay
on Xenial.