Posted to community@apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2004/10/26 17:44:36 UTC

Page of mailing list data

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
El jue, 04-11-2004 a las 12:03 -0500, Henri Yandell escribió:

(...)

> I guess a better solution would be to target my actual problem and see
> if
> alerts can fire to the PMC when a mail list's moderation queue exceeds
> certain amount.

I'm not sure if we are using it already, but I use mon for this kind of
things. It is a monitor/alert framework written in perl, and it is
fairly easy to write monitor and alert scripts for it (in perl, shell,
python, whatever).

A monitor using Ken's scripts, plus an email alert to the right list
would go far.

Regards
--
Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
High Sierra Technology, SLU

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>> The # of moderators would be good to have on there, even better would be
>> the apache logon of the moderators.
>
> I don't see why..  that information is already available to committers,
> and I'm not at all sure we want it any more public than that.

Just looking for an easier way than querying the mail lists one at a time.
Every now and then we discover that a list is inadequately moderated and
so I'm trying to think of ways to maintain oversight there.

I guess a better solution would be to target my actual problem and see if
alerts can fire to the PMC when a mail list's moderation queue exceeds a
certain amount.

>> For the first statistical report, could you specify what the collection
>> period was?
>
> It's running daily now.

Cool :)

Hen