Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sameer Kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 16:15:02 UTC

Merging windowed KStreams with regular KStreams

I wanted to merge two KStreams one of them is a windowed stream and another
one is of type <String, Integer>, what is the preferred way of merging them.

One way I thought was to run a map phase and create a windowed instance
based on system.currentmillis.

-Sameer.

Re: Merging windowed KStreams with regular KStreams

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
I guess it depend what you want as an output...

But what you suggest would work. You can also apply a .map() to the
windowed stream and extract the actual record key from the window (ie,
strip away the window)

-Matthias