Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Idusogie <Pa...@stellent.com> on 2002/03/11 18:26:32 UTC

Question on the use of html:form and html:submit tags within struts 1.0.2

Could anyone kindly provide some suggestions to remedy these 2 issues?.

I used the html:form tag syntax in a logon.jsp page with the following syntax

This will add the javascript portion to set the form username attribute on focus when the page is launched. However I receive a 'document.form.userName is null or not an object' error with IE 5.X. The javascript script appears before the rest of the form attributes when I view the geenerated code using view source

Secondly, I can not get the  form to submit the entries when I click the submit button.
I used the <html:submit> tag

Here is a code snippet

	<bean:message key="prompt.userName"/>

bean and hml are taglib prefixes for the struts-html and struts-bean taglibs and prompt.userName is defined within the ApplicationResources.properties file.

Thanks,

Paul Idusogie
Technical Architect
Consulting Services