Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2005/11/13 17:48:16 UTC

namespace.jar

I searched ibiblio for namespace.jar that is a dependency for JAXB, and
I can't find it anywhere. Has it got another name or is it just not there?

It comes as part of JWSDP 1.6, package name javax.xml.namespace, class
in package == NamespaceContext

Re: namespace.jar

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Alexandre,
thanks for the info.  I didn't realise that jaxme is an open-source
variant of jaxb. Looks like I'll have to try it out.

I did know that there are no sun jars on ibiblio - however there are
poms for many of them, and I thought namespace.jar was one of them, or I
remember seeing it before I think. Perhaps I'm wrong.

However, it is seriously only 2 classes - I am surprised that jaxme have
not included an implementation.

And I also really like the XJC capability!

Adam

Re: namespace.jar

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, it is a sun jar. Refer to this guide :
http://maven.apache.org/guides<http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html>
/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jar<http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html>
s.html <http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html>
I had the same problem and just switched to Apache JAXB implementation
(Jaxme2 <http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/>). What is great with this distribution
is that you can use the xjc
<http://mojo.codehaus.org/xjc-maven-plugin/>plugin during the
generate-sources phase to generate your Java files and be
sure they are always in sync with the changes you made to your XML Schemas.
Hope it's help!

On 11/13/05, Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
> I searched ibiblio for namespace.jar that is a dependency for JAXB, and
> I can't find it anywhere. Has it got another name or is it just not there?
>
> It comes as part of JWSDP 1.6, package name javax.xml.namespace, class
> in package == NamespaceContext

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada