Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 22:54:30 UTC

irc tomee or openejb

Hi,
Currently on irc if somebody wants to join #tomee, they get redirected to
#openejb. Personally, I'd prefer the reverse i.e. #tomee being the primary
IRC channel. So if somebody joins #openejb they get redirected to #tomee.
It also gives us the opportunity to have a nice welcome message for folks
like "Welcome to TomEE - A pure Tomcat based Java EE 6 web profile
certified server". Just another little thing to help spread the word.
What does everybody else think?
--

Karan Singh Malhi
twitter.com/KaranSinghMalhi

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

maybe we can add it to the main page too?

"join us on #openejb" ?

- Romain

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
No, buildbot does it too.

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Romain,

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
it is not a technical issue,

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: irc tomee or openejb

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Well, in that context I only look at TomEE more like a product name coming
from the same project/community, sure you can not take that out of the
context of how INFRA manages JIRA projects according to the number of
people available to help

Which in such case TomEE can be defined as a major component under OPENEJB
JIRA project

But I will give another example, for Amazon Web Service (AWS), although
they have lots and lots of services and products, they only have one IRC
channel #aws AFAIR, cause actually people always talk about AWS as the
major point and then relate the product/service name to it, like AWS/S3 AWS
Dynamo, ect...

which may encourage me to suggest, feel free to kick me back :D, to rename
TomEE the same way, or any other main project of OpenEJB to use the same
convention, like OpenEJB TomEE so people always stick their minds to OpenEJB

thats my 2 cents

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour