Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by inocult <in...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 01:21:34 UTC

WSRF and ServiceMix - Philosophical Question

Hi everyone, for the past 4-5 years we've been working with Grids , WSRF and
the associate (WS-*) , we use liferay portal as a gateway and people create
new type of WSRF resources as needed to represent Computing, Storage,
Network devices or instruments / sensors in sensor networks. Currently the
infrastructure is usually point ot point as it is across organisations /
shared under VO rules with  GSI security framework. (typical grid)

However, after digging a little more into ServiceMix I think that an ESB
could be a nice additional thing to have in the architecture as people have
multiple virtualization servers. (People can have 4-5 appliances they use to
represent different type of resources) I beleive the ESB could be a
"gateway/firewall" to the internals of the organization, or provide a more
reliable transfer between the services...maybe?

I'm having some issues seeing the usefulness of a ESB in this context, I
don't want to use a technology for the sake of it however I have an "itch"
that tells me the ESB has its place it what we are doing.

Based on your experience how can ESBs be useful to Grids and the Virtual
Organizations / Distributed Resources represented with WSRF?

Re: WSRF and ServiceMix - Philosophical Question - addendum

Posted by Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu>.
Also, it supports more message exchange patterns if it interests you.

Anand

Posted by Anand K Kalyanasundaram <an...@cavs.msstate.edu>.
Hi,