Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Minerva CC <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/14 01:11:01 UTC

[S2] How to link Tree Node to another dynamic ajax div

Hi,

I followed the instruction for the tree tag and created a treeview. Now, I want to select a tree node and display some data in another ajax div.

This is how I created the treeview:

<s:tree theme="ajax"
rootNode="%{_rootNode}"
childCollectionProperty="_children"
nodeIdProperty="_id"
nodeTitleProperty="_name">
</s:tree>

This is what I would do to link ajax to the result action:

<s:url action="viewresult" id="resultUrl">
<s:param name="id" value="%{#id}" />
</s:url>
<s:div id="result" theme="ajax" href="%{resultUrl}" loadingText="Loading..." />

Now, the question is how do I know if a node is selected? using onSelected attribute to call a javascript function or dojo event? Then, how can I pass the select node id to the id in the action parameter?

I know this may be a simple question to most of you. But, I just didn't get it from the manual.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Willa

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [S2] How to link Tree Node to another dynamic ajax div

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Minerva CC <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I followed the instruction for the tree tag and
> created a treeview. Now, I want to select a tree
> node and display some data in another ajax div.

IIRC you need to use Dojo topics to do useful things
with tree events. Alas, I do not think they are
working currently as discussed in a thread a week or
two ago (where I swore my code worked but it had
apparently broken at least a few weeks before and I
hadn't noticed :/

For further details, search the archives for thread (I
don't recall the subject) and look for Manu Mahajan's
messages as he was the driver behind a potential fix.

d.