Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Charles Johnston <cj...@digiquant.com> on 2003/12/15 15:24:53 UTC

Lenya 1.2 RC1 installation problems

Thanks for the Windows install package. I have installed on XP. When I
run lenya.bat, my installation seems unable to find a webapp directory
that it needs, see below.

Lenya starts OK by entering http://localhost:8080/lenya if the
C:\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp directory is copied to Tomcat's webapps
directory. However, the full application doesn't work (not surprising if
the bat file can't execute!).

I think it very important that the 1.2 release also has an updated
installation guide, as the installation problems that I and others are
having seem to be simple set up problems. And the Lenya configuration
information in the existing Lenya installation guide is not relevant for
the exe file - it is no longer clear what has to be preinstalled and
what comes with the exe file (e.g. Does it also install Cocoon? And
there is no $LENYA_HOME/build.properties.sample file to configure).

I'll be very happy to help update the installation guide if someone
helps me complete the installation!

Charles Johnston

Processing repository: .\tools\jetty\lib
Adding jar: .\tools\jetty\lib\jetty-4.2.9.jar
Adding jar: .\tools\jetty\lib\servlet-2.3.jar
Processing repository: .\lib\endorsed
-------------------- Executing -----------------
Main Class: org.mortbay.jetty.Server
14:55:55.841 EVENT  Checking Resource aliases
14:55:56.683 EVENT  Starting Jetty/4.2.9
14:55:56.693 WARN!! Web application not found .\webapp
14:55:56.693 WARN!! Configuration error on .\webapp
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\webapp
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.resolveWebApp(WebAppl
icationContext.java:243)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.start(WebApplicationC
ontext.java:337)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:647)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)

14:55:56.953 EVENT  Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8888
14:55:56.953 WARN!!
org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\webapp]
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:624)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
[0]=java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\webapp

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com>.
Charles Johnston wrote:

> Thanks for the Windows install package. I have installed on XP. When I
> run lenya.bat, my installation seems unable to find a webapp directory
> that it needs, see below.
>
> Lenya starts OK by entering http://localhost:8080/lenya if the
> C:\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp directory is copied to Tomcat's webapps
> directory. However, the full application doesn't work (not surprising if
> the bat file can't execute!).

weird. can you check if a line like

lenya.bat: using %JETTY_WEBAPP% as the webapp directory

scrolls by? that would provide clues. as i understand it, the environment
vars in lenya.bat somehow dont take, and jetty turns to a default of
./webapps

> I think it very important that the 1.2 release also has an updated
> installation guide, as the installation problems that I and others are
> having seem to be simple set up problems. And the Lenya configuration
> information in the existing Lenya installation guide is not relevant for
> the exe file - it is no longer clear what has to be preinstalled and
> what comes with the exe file (e.g. Does it also install Cocoon? And
> there is no $LENYA_HOME/build.properties.sample file to configure).

good point. i need to research this a bit.

> I'll be very happy to help update the installation guide if someone
> helps me complete the installation!

sure, i can walk you through it.

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Charles Johnston wrote:
> Thanks for the Windows install package. I have installed on XP.

Jazz, thanks very much, it is realy nice!

When I
> run lenya.bat, my installation seems unable to find a webapp directory
> that it needs, see below.

Ok, I installed lenya and is running fine!

> Lenya starts OK by entering http://localhost:8080/lenya if the
> C:\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp directory is copied to Tomcat's webapps
> directory.
> Processing repository: .\tools\jetty\lib
> Adding jar: .\tools\jetty\lib\jetty-4.2.9.jar
> Adding jar: .\tools\jetty\lib\servlet-2.3.jar
> Processing repository: .\lib\endorsed
> -------------------- Executing -----------------
> Main Class: org.mortbay.jetty.Server
> 14:55:55.841 EVENT  Checking Resource aliases
> 14:55:56.683 EVENT  Starting Jetty/4.2.9
> 14:55:56.693 WARN!! Web application not found .\webapp
> 14:55:56.693 WARN!! Configuration error on .\webapp
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\webapp

Just a guess: Could it be that you MOVED not COPY the webapp content?

If you edit the lenya.bat you will find:
set JETTY_WEBAPP=%LENYA_HOME%\build\lenya\webapp

Is your webapp there? In my case that is
D:\opensource\bin\cocoon-lenya\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp with
%LENYA_HOME%=D:\opensource\bin\cocoon-lenya\Lenya!

hope that will help!

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>