Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by NZViking New Zealander <nz...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 12:15:38 UTC

problem with URL encoding in Jetspeed

hi

I use Tomcat 5.5.20 and jetspeed 2 , and have some search forms for
operations with russian letters queries .

in {Tomcat-path}/conf/server.xml set up encoding UTF-8 by this way

<Connector port="8080" URIEncoding="UTF-8" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
maxThreads="150" and so on.

then i am getting parameters from URL

request = new String(portletRequest.getParameter("query").getBytes("UTF-8"));

it works in Windows XP , but do not works in Linux ...

Could anybody help me , how can i solve this problem ?

Thank you for any help.