Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 03:46:57 UTC

[vote] remove renderTags default of true for @If/@Else? (tapestry 4.1.2 )

This is sort of related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1431 .

I think it was a mistake to have renderTags default to true for the If/Else
components but not For . ...

I'm thinking I'd like to have it default to false for these components
before we release 4.1.2 but as it will potentially cause work for people if
they've been relying on this new behavior I thought it'd be good to see what
everyone else thinks before ripping it out.

I'm +1 of course..

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: [vote] remove renderTags default of true for @If/@Else? (tapestry 4.1.2 )

Posted by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com>.
I personally don't care which way you default, but I do think that all
tags should have the same default.  It's much easier to remember to turn
it on/off if I don't have to try and remember which tags have which default.

I added:

to my Tapestry.application and was able to get the behavior I was after.

In short, consistency wins in my book every time.

Tony Nelson

Re: [vote] remove renderTags default of true for @If/@Else? (tapestry 4.1.2 )

Posted by Matt Brock <br...@gmail.com>.
A year late and a dollar short, but for the record...

+1 for false
*No* component should render itself unless an "element" binding parameter
has been declared.  I never understood why this was even an option.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
+1 for false

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: [vote] remove renderTags default of true for @If/@Else? (tapestry 4.1.2 )

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Dutaret <cd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Moore <pa...@buildcap.com>.

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.
ooops, the solution by Tony is what I meant!

Posted by Joe Chen <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 both false.

Upgrading from 4.0.x to 4.1.2 with the current default of true means that I

Posted by "Robert J. Walker" <rw...@mshare.net>.