Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/05 16:19:17 UTC

[all] Use of svn keywords in source files

Hi,

Is there a particular reason why we use svn keywords like $Id$? I've
personally never found them very useful (the version number in a jar
file is much more informative), and the keywords often confuse diff
and merge tools.

I'm relatively new here, so this probably has been discussed at length
before. Any pointers?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [all] Use of svn keywords in source files

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
I guess they are a left-over from CVS

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
I am no fan of them either. Never use them.

cheers
--
Torsten