Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo MANGHI <ma...@unipr.it> on 2019/09/25 14:00:32 UTC

lexicogragrahycally relaxed string comparison

It seems I decided to bother all of you after a long time of being silent.

Does anyone know if a Tcl native tool exists for comparing European
languages strings irrespective of the accents (or any other character
modifier) that might appear in them? (you English speakers, lucky guys
speaking a language that fits the base ASCII code, don't you have any
mercy for us? ;-))

  -- Massimo

Firma il tuo 5 per mille all’Università di Parma e aiuta così i nostri studenti che vogliono realizzare un’esperienza di studio all’estero - Indica 00308780345 nella tua denuncia dei redditi.

Re: lexicogragrahycally relaxed string comparison

Posted by Massimo MANGHI <ma...@unipr.it>.
By the way, it sounds strange to me that Tcl doesn't have its own
standard collation tools. That was what I meant with 'native'

  -- M

Posted by Massimo MANGHI <ma...@unipr.it>.
Thank you Ronnie, that map might work out a solution for most cases.

  -- Massimo

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <Ro...@netcetera.com>.
Hi Massimo

--