Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/19 10:45:59 UTC

[Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Hi all,

 I believe it's time to think about how should we test AOO 4.0 release. Now
there is lots QA volunteer helping on defect confirmation and verification,
we should move forward on feature testing, e.g. side panel, template and
cliparts, etc...

  I draft an overall test plan[1] in wiki. Please review and feedback with
your suggestion. Any comments are welcome.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Testing+Plan

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Am Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013 um 21:40 schrieb FR web forum:
> Hello list,
>
> I don't see nothing about translation process.
> Is it plan?

of course we will have translation round/update for 4.0. I will come up with a proposal tomorrow for further discussion.

Juergen

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
Hello list,

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by Joost Andrae <Jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

maybe you feel I'm nitpicking but I'm missing some details about
available test methods

- Unit test automation
- API test automation
- UI test automation

 From my understanding AOO test automation currently includes all of
them. I think a unit test should be part of the build verification test
because it's part of the AOO source code that needs to be checked.

>    I draft an overall test plan[1] in wiki. Please review and feedback with
> your suggestion. Any comments are welcome.
>

> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Testing+Plan

Kind regards, Joost

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM, Yan Ji <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>   Thanks for your suggestion your idea will help break-down test to task easily and I'll try to list all the test tasks later on.  Back to the overall test plan, do you have any comments? Do you think there is any other kind of test should be considered?

I think your list is good.

Also, it would be nice to have an estimate for the effort required for
each kind of test, so volunteers know where we need more help.  For
example, the performance test is probably an easy task and needs only
one person.  And maybe it is done only once a week, and maybe takes
only 1 hour per platform, including set up time.   But the manual
functional test is something where we probably want several people
working on it in parallel, because there are many test cases and
platforms.

-Rob

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by Yan Ji <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

Re: [Test Plan] AOO 4.0 test plan

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I believe it's time to think about how should we test AOO 4.0 release. Now
> there is lots QA volunteer helping on defect confirmation and verification,
> we should move forward on feature testing, e.g. side panel, template and
> cliparts, etc...
>
>   I draft an overall test plan[1] in wiki. Please review and feedback with
> your suggestion. Any comments are welcome.

Hello Yan Ji,

There are many actiivities listed on the wiki page.  It might help if
we can define one or more "focus areas" for each week, and then call
for volunteers in those areas.

For example, we might say (hypothetically) that this week the focus is:

1) Verify fixes on trunk build

2) Build verification test on trunk

3) Accessibility testing in i18n branch

Then we say:  we need once volunteer on trunk BVT this week.
Accessibility experts are reviewing the branch.  And everyone else
focus on verifying fixes in trunk.

Then next week we have a different set of focus areas.  And so on.

If we can have a table, week-by-week, on what we need to focus on,
then it makes it easier to see what to work on.

This is tricky, since we don't have a good estimate for "feature
complete" or "code freeze" dates.  But we know these dates will come
eventually, and they will trigger certain test passes.

What do you think?  Would it be possible to define "focus areas" every
Monday morning, so we can coordinate on those areas?

-Rob