Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Srinivasa T N <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/23 09:44:40 UTC

How to store weather station Details along with monitoring data efficiently?

Hi All,
   I was following the TimeSeries data modelling in PlanetCassandra by
Patrick McFadin.  Regarding that, I had one query:

If I need to store the weather station name also, should it be in the same
table, say:

create table test (wea_id int, wea_name text, wea_add text, eventday
timeuuid, eventtime timeuuid, temp int, PRIMARY KEY ((wea_id, eventday),
eventtime) );

This forces me to enter the wea_name and wea_add for each new row, so how
to identify a new row has been created?  Or is there any better mechanism
for modeling the above data?

Regards,
Seenu.

Re: How to store weather station Details along with monitoring data efficiently?

Posted by Srinivasa T N <se...@gmail.com>.
Let me try to pictorially what I understood:

[image: Inline image 1]

Is it correct?

Regards,
Seenu.