Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2010/09/01 22:01:47 UTC

Exporting issues

Hi

I'm going to try to export the issues from Codeplex, and later on
hopefully be able to import them into JIRA. I don't know yet how much of
the data in the issue tracker I'll be able to extract. It is supposed to
come out in Excel-format.

Assuming we can get our hands on everything we want, how much data do we
want to import into JIRA?

1. All issues ~325 issues
2. All open issues ~110 issues
3. All open issues + all issues solved for 1.2.1 ~126 issues (if 1.2.1
will be released at Apache)
4. ?

The docs on Codeplex says:

"You will only have permissions for connecting to the CodePlex Team
Foundation Server if you have been added as a Coordinator or Developer
to one or more CodePlex projects."

So in order for me to access TFS for NPanday at Codeplex I need to be
added as a Developer to the NPanday project at Codeplex. My username
over there is "dennislundberg". Can someone please add me?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Exporting issues

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com>.
You now have developer rights Dennis.

Cheers,

--
Joe Ocaba

RE: Exporting issues

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: Exporting issues

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-09-02 17:45, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 02/09/2010, at 8:01 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm going to try to export the issues from Codeplex, and later on
>> hopefully be able to import them into JIRA. I don't know yet how much of
>> the data in the issue tracker I'll be able to extract. It is supposed to
>> come out in Excel-format.
>
> Thanks! And good luck :)

Thanks. A few years ago I made a migration from a home grown issue
tracker to JIRA at my day job. We managed to get most of the data into
JIRA. Hopefully I can find my documentation for it...

>> Assuming we can get our hands on everything we want, how much data do we
>> want to import into JIRA?
>>
>> 1. All issues ~325 issues
>> 2. All open issues ~110 issues
>> 3. All open issues + all issues solved for 1.2.1 ~126 issues
>
> As Gav said, the more the better - but I didn't have any expectations about it being possible so it's all a bonus :)

Right, all issues it is. I have them in an Excel file on my computer
now. It looks like we get most of the data. One notable exception is
that comments are not included.

Do we want to keep the old work item numbers in a custom field in JIRA?
I'm not sure if we are allowed to add custom fields in the ASF JIRA though.

>> (if 1.2.1
>> will be released at Apache)
>
> I think what Joe has suggested (http://npanday.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=224740&ANCHOR#Post484497) was that 1.2.1 would be done from Codeplex before the import so that those handful of issues can be released. We should prioritise getting an authorised incubating release out here as soon as possible, but there will be more work to do with the initial IP clearance, RAT / source headers, artifact naming / versioning discussions, etc.

I saw some recent activity by apadilla on the work items over at
codeplex. When can we freeze the issue tracker at codeplex? Just let me
know when you are all done there, so I can export the work item data one
final time.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Exporting issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 02/09/2010, at 8:01 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm going to try to export the issues from Codeplex, and later on
> hopefully be able to import them into JIRA. I don't know yet how much of
> the data in the issue tracker I'll be able to extract. It is supposed to
> come out in Excel-format.

Thanks! And good luck :)