Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Klem <mi...@earthlink.net> on 2000/09/17 12:51:07 UTC

Parsing with threads on Mac

Hello,

I writing a test app that parses a large XML file and then walks the tree to populate a hierarchy table. I'd like to handle all this in a thread so the user can stop the parsing at any time. The solution I am thinking of is to override DOM::startElement and add the data to the table. I would then call Yield() after every N elements were found. Does this make sense? I am tired and going to bed.

-----
Michael Klem

<michael dot klem @ creativeplanet dot com>

Re: Parsing with threads on Mac

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Use the 'progressive parse' option, see the PParse sample.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"It takes two buttocks to make friction"
    - African Proverb