Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick VandenPlas <pv...@sesdirect.com> on 2002/03/27 19:49:24 UTC

virtual host problem in win32

Server version: Apache/1.3.24 (Win32)
Server built:   Mar 21 2002 22:14:00

I am trying to add virtual hosts to my server setup.  Part of the httpd.conf
is below

DocumentRoot "E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"

    Port 80
    ServerName ns.sesteam.com

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /sesteam/www
    ServerName www.sesteam.com
    </VirtualHost>

When I run the apache -t command I get

E:\PROGRA~1\Apache Group\Apache>apache -t
Warning: DocumentRoot [/sesteam/www] does not exist
e:/program files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax OK

The path does exist but yet I get a warning.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Re: virtual host problem in win32

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 13:49, Patrick VandenPlas wrote:
> Server version: Apache/1.3.24 (Win32)
> Server built:   Mar 21 2002 22:14:00

[snip]

> DocumentRoot "E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"

[snip]

>     <VirtualHost *>
>     DocumentRoot /sesteam/www
>     ServerName www.sesteam.com
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> When I run the apache -t command I get
>
> E:\PROGRA~1\Apache Group\Apache>apache -t
> Warning: DocumentRoot [/sesteam/www] does not exist
> e:/program files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax OK

Just a guess, but I believe you would need to specify the drive in
your DocumentRoot statement in the VirtualHost, as you did previously
in your httpd.conf file for your main DocumentRoot.

Re: virtual host problem in win32

Posted by Admin-myispnet <ko...@naisp.net>.
YES...you need to follow those other two replys suggestions
in order for it to work.

Patrick VandenPlas wrote:

> Server version: Apache/1.3.24 (Win32)
> Server built:   Mar 21 2002 22:14:00
>
> I am trying to add virtual hosts to my server setup.  Part of the httpd.conf
> is below
>
> DocumentRoot "E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"
>
>     Port 80
>     ServerName ns.sesteam.com
>
>     NameVirtualHost *
>
>     <VirtualHost *>
>     DocumentRoot /sesteam/www
>     ServerName www.sesteam.com
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> When I run the apache -t command I get
>
> E:\PROGRA~1\Apache Group\Apache>apache -t
> Warning: DocumentRoot [/sesteam/www] does not exist
> e:/program files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax OK
>
> The path does exist but yet I get a warning.
>
> I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

<=========== http://www.myispnet.net ===============>
Kit Goins         ICQ# 7110071     admin@myispnet.net
Web Designer:     http://kitdesigns.myispcentral.net
Personal WebServer:       http://kompukit.dyndns.org
(Server Runs between M-F 6pm-12am,S+S 12pm-12am EST)