Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Alpert <sr...@charter.net> on 2006/09/17 17:20:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Confused by documentation install for Apache 2.2.3 on Windows

I installed from the msi file taking all the defaults but the document
files have not been transformed.  For example, in manual, index.html is
a text file with a bunch of URI refences.  index.html.en is sitting
there with the content.  What am I missing?

Re: [users@httpd] Confused by documentation install for Apache 2.2.3 on Windows

Posted by Steve Alpert <sr...@charter.net>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 9/17/06, Steve Alpert <sr...@charter.net> wrote:
>> I installed from the msi file taking all the defaults but the document
>> files have not been transformed.  For example, in manual, index.html is
>> a text file with a bunch of URI refences.  index.html.en is sitting
>> there with the content.  What am I missing?
>
> The documentation is only viewable through the server, and only if you
> configure the server to do it.  See the file
> conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf for an example of how to setup the docs
> to be viewed via your server.
>
> But my recommendation would be to just delete the docs and download an
> msi version, which is easier to browse on windows.
>
> Joshua.

Thanks - I added the httpd-manual.conf into httpd.conf and got the
manuals back.  I was kind of put off when I connected to "localhost" and
got "It Works!"  Not what I'm used to.

steve

Re: [users@httpd] Confused by documentation install for Apache 2.2.3 on Windows

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.