Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Peng Cheng <pc...@uow.edu.au> on 2014/12/21 06:50:50 UTC

spark-repl_1.2.0 was not uploaded to central maven repository.

Everything else is there except spark-repl. Can someone check that out this
weekend?

Re: spark-repl_1.2.0 was not uploaded to central maven repository.

Posted by peng <pc...@uowmail.edu.au>.
Thanks a lot for point it out. I also found it in pom.xml.
A new ticket for reverting it has been submitted:
At first I assume that further development on it has been moved to
databricks cloud. But the JIRA ticket was already there in September. So
maybe demand on this API from the community is indeed low enough.
However, I would still suggest keeping it, even promoting it into a
Developer's API, this would encourage more projects to integrate in a
more flexible way, and save prototyping/QA cost by customizing fixtures
of REPL. People will still move to databricks cloud, which has far more
features than that. Many influential projects already depends on the
routinely published Scala-REPL (e.g. playFW), it would be strange for
Spark not doing the same.
What do you think?

Yours Peng

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by andy petrella <an...@gmail.com>.
Actually yes, things like interactive notebooks f.i.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.