Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Ritter <gj...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/12 23:10:21 UTC

iPlanet + Struts Problem

I'm having a problem getting a very simple Struts application to work on
iPlanet Web Server 6.0 SP1 + iPlanet Application Server 6.0 SP4. JSPs using
the struts taglibs seem to work properly, but whenever I try to request a
page that matches the *.do url pattern, I get the following in my browser:

GX Error (GX2GX)

socket result code missing!!!

As far as I know, I have deployed the application properly; the iAS
Deployment Tool shows that the action servlet is mapped to the *.do URL
pattern.

It looks like this problem has happened to several people on this list in
the past (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg10122.html ,
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg07880.html ,
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03890.html );
however, no concrete answer for why the problem was occurring was posted.

If anyone can tell me what they did to solve this problem, I'd greatly
appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of using this app with
any of the other app servers that I've successfully used Struts with in the
past. I'd be happy to update the Struts iPlanet installation page with any
information I get.

Thanks,

-Greg-

Re: iPlanet + Struts Problem

Posted by Greg Ritter <gj...@hotmail.com>.
Well, I managed to find two other resources, a combination of which solved
my problem:

http://www.icsynergy.com/downloads/struts/strutsHowTo.html
http://softwareforum.sun.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=181&RPAGEID=135&
HOID=50B5000000080000002E030000&UCATEGORY_0=_29_%24_6_24_&UCATEGORY_S=0&USEA
RCHCONTEXT_TIER_0=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_0=struts
&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_S=0

(Sorry for the insanely long URL; you can blame Sun's forums for that. :-)

Unfortunately, I made the changes described in Matt Raible's howto at the
same time that I removed the GUID described in his posting, so I'm not sure
which change (or both) solved the problem.

-Greg-