Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it> on 2007/05/11 12:10:03 UTC

Problem with parent Pom

Hi all,

I need to use Continuum with Maven2 project, structured like tree as follow:

pom.xml --- pom.xml -------------
              |---pom.xml -------------
              |                                   |...
              |---pom.xml--------------

I need to load in Continuum the first parent pom and compile it in non
recursive mode.
The build runs well, in fact maven compile only the first parent pom, but
svn  check out all the tree. This is a problem, because the project (see as
entire tree)  is very big then  get spent a big amount of time ed
performance for nothing. In fact, my wish, is to update only the parent pom.

Any ideas ???

Thank you
Alex.

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it>.
Hi jesse,
your hint is good. I will do so if I'll not find nothing of better !!!
Thanks,
regards
Alex.

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
maybe setup each child as a different project group...

another way to do this would be to have that parent pom not have the
children defined as modules in it...

jesse

On 5/11/07, alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it> wrote:

> Hi Erik,
> thank you for your answer.
> The structure of the project is OK (as you thought).
> Your workaround doesn't work. Continuum check out all at the next update.
>
> You have right, my use case is strange. I know, but I' m trying to solve
> another problem.
> The project is developed from 2 distinct groups then I want send e-mail (in
> case of build error) only to appropriate group, not to all. Then I set up in
> Continumm the Parent Project, the project A and Project B where in poms of
> the two projects I set different e-mail address.
> I'm not interested to build all from parent pom. I use this only to deploy
> on maven repository change of  pom.
>
> Regards
> Alex
>

> Erik Drolshammer-2 wrote:
> >
> > alexsil wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> If I remove  "--non-recursive" option then all projects are compiled ed
> >> all
> >> projects are updated, that is the opposite that I want. In fact I want
> >> checkout only the parent pom and  deploy only the parent pom.
> >
> > You have one project for each pom.xml in your Continuum instance, right?
> > (E.g. parentProject, subModuleA, subModuleB etc.)
> >
> > Have you tried to just delete all projects from Continuum except the
> > parent project?
> >
> > I must say your use case is strange though ;)
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Erik Drolshammer

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it>.
Hi Erik,

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by Erik Drolshammer <dr...@idi.ntnu.no>.

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it>.
Hi,
If I remove  "--non-recursive" option then all projects are compiled ed all
projects are updated, that is the opposite that I want. In fact I want
checkout only the parent pom and  deploy only the parent pom.

Thanks

Re: Problem with parent Pom

Posted by "B. De Mezzo" <be...@paycool.net>.