Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Muzaffar Ali Ismail <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/04 11:10:21 UTC

word count stopped at Map 100%, Reduce 23%

Hi All,
I am new
to Hadoop world. I just setup/configured Hadoop cluster with two nodes, a
master and slave. The master node also acting as slave and running NameNode for
the HDFS storage layer, and JobTracker for the MapReduce processing layer other
than DataNode and JobTracker. Second machine (slave) is running DataNode and
TaskTracker only.
I started
multi node cluster and is running fine. Every thing is ok. No errors, no
warning.

But when
I run the WordCount examples (by downloading some files in text format), it
hangs at the following message on console:
"12/10/04
08:49:09 INFO mapred.JobClient:  map 100%
reduce 23%"
There is
still no errors, exceptions in the logs.

Anyone
any idea. Really appreciate quick response.

Thanks,
Muzaffar

Re: word count stopped at Map 100%, Reduce 23%

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
by downloading some files in text format   ---> what this means...... if
you think everything is fine your configuration setting then please take

full Java thread dump and post it.

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: word count stopped at Map 100%, Reduce 23%

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: word count stopped at Map 100%, Reduce 23%

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: word count stopped at Map 100%, Reduce 23%

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv