Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 18:28:56 UTC

EmptyPanel?

In my work project, I've added and frequently use an EmptyPanel which is
simply a panel with empty markup.  Although you can do the same thing with
WebMarkupContainer or implement this yourself, it does seem like a nice
conceptual addition, particularly for newbies who might not think "hmm... i
want an empty panel instead of this fancy panel if the user isn't logged
in... oh WebMarkupContainer looks about right..." ;-)  Anyway, I thought I'd
mention it in case others feel this would be a nice addition to core.

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Jonathan Locke:

> so i propose a vote to add this.  i'm +1.

+1

I have one in every project.

It is particularly useful for a reusable modal dialog that is
defined in the page, and replaced/shown in various forms.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
its a bit redundent api but because of the naming i guess its is fine to
have.

johan

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 5/19/07, Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com> wrote:
> What was the result of this vote?  Is EmptyPanel going to be added to Wicket
> 1.3?

Just added.

Eelco

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com>.

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
+1

This is something I add to figure out how to do myself with a
WebMarkupContainer, would have been easier with what you're proposing.

Xavier

On 5/5/07, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Eelco
>
> On 5/5/07, Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > so i propose a vote to add this.  i'm +1.
> >

> > Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah. I actually think I proposed something like this, or at least
> > > +1-ed one at more than a year ago. You'll have to dig in the archives
> > > to find out why other people didn't agree back then, but I still think
> > > it's much easier for users to discover something just because it has
> > > an obvious name, and not to worry about that one extra class.
> > >
> > > Eelco

> > --

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
+1

Eelco

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/5/07, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right about that. EmptyPanel is better, and it should probably be final.
Yes, I think EmptyPanel has the merit of being more obvious in its
intent, and less error prone.

Xavier

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
That's actually not a bad idea. Xavier, you think you would have found
that/ is it as obvious?

Eelco

Re: VOTE: EmptyPanel

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.