Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Daryl Richter <dr...@funddevelopmentservices.com> on 2008/03/28 18:40:04 UTC

Build Failure

Guys-

Can others successfully build from a clean .m2/repository?  I was able
to just last week but now I get this:

[220:~/Code/Java/activemq] ngzax% mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:test-jar:tests:5.1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
-DartifactId=activemq-core -Dversion=5.1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests
-Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
-DartifactId=activemq-core -Dversion=5.1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests
-Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.activemq:activemq-console:jar:5.1-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:test-jar:tests:5.1-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.activemq:activemq-console:jar:5.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  repo1.maven (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/),
  apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache.incubating.releases
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)

--
Daryl

RE: Build Failure

Posted by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
Is it possible from the core team to create a tar ball for this fixed
5.0 version and post it on AMQ downloads. I couldn't get this build to
work still.

Thanks!

Vik

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Someone from the maven team must have showed us that trick.

Maybe it was Dan Kulp.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:32 PM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I figured out that the test-jar goal to the maven-jar-plugin
>  produces the artifacts.... how did you guys figure out that
>  <type>test-jar</type> was how to refer to them?  When I tried to use
>  them I came up with using <classifier>test</classifier>...
>
>  thanks
>  david jencks
>

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>  > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>
>  > wrote:
>  >> All-
>  >>
>  >>  Ok, so I managed to get the trunk of ActiveMQ to build against a new
>  >>  repository.  In order to do this, I had to go through all the poms
>  >>  and take out the following new elements wherever they appeared:
>  >>
>  >>        <type>test-jar</type>
>  >>
>  >>  Why were these elements introduced?  What am i now missing that I
>  >>  have removed them?
>  >
>  > These are used to build a test jar for a given project:
>  >
>  > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html
>  >
>  > Bruce
>  > --
>  > perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!
>  > G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
>  > );'
>  >
>  > Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
>  > Apache Camel - http://activemq.org/camel/
>  > Apache ServiceMix - http://servicemix.org/
>  > Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
>  >
>  > Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Build Failure

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
Chris-

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Chris Custine wrote:
> The problem is running the build with -Dmaven.test.skip=true.  This
> causes
> maven to not build the test jars and when you zapped your repo you
> lost some
> old ones that were sitting around and now the build fails.
> Surefire has
> changed recently so depending on which version is being used, you
> can try
> -Dtest=false which is a hack to make the tests compile, but not
> execute
> since you are naming a non-existent test, or if you have the newer
> version
> of Surefire that will cause a build failure in which case you can
> use -
> Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true which allows the tests to compile but
> won't run
> them.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it.  I
reverted my changes and tried to rebuild. -Dtest=false worked.

I also tried -DskipTests, and -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true and both
still tried to run the tests.

Unfortunately, at least for me, I can't get a successful build *with*
the tests.  Mine always ends up completely hanging up at "Running
org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleSecurityBrokerSystemTest"

Thanks again.

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"I see this as coming down to mutual respect. I want to respect the
others I communicate with enough to tell them my truth without
reservation and I want to respect them enough to listen to their
truth. I want to respect their good intentions enough to believe that
we can work past our disagreements."

     -- Kent Beck, 2006

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
David-

Re: Build Failure

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
All-

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

Re: Build Failure

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Daryl Richter
<dr...@funddevelopmentservices.com> wrote:
> Guys-
>
>  Can others successfully build from a clean .m2/repository?  I was able
>  to just last week but now I get this:
>
>  [220:~/Code/Java/activemq] ngzax% mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
>  [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>
>  [INFO]
>  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
>  Missing:
>  ----------
>  1) org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:test-jar:tests:5.1-SNAPSHOT
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
>  -DartifactId=activemq-core -Dversion=5.1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests
>  -Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
>  there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
>  -DartifactId=activemq-core -Dversion=5.1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests
>  -Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
>  -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.activemq:activemq-console:jar:5.1-SNAPSHOT
>         2) org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:test-jar:tests:5.1-SNAPSHOT
>
>  ----------
>  1 required artifact is missing.
>
>  for artifact:
>   org.apache.activemq:activemq-console:jar:5.1-SNAPSHOT
>
>  from the specified remote repositories:
>   repo1.maven (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/),
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   apache.snapshots
>  (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>   apache.incubating.releases
>  (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)

I'm see a different failure:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error
@[19,1] in file:/Users/bsnyder/src/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/BrokerView.java
[INFO] Trace
com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error @[19,1] in
file:/Users/bsnyder/src/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/BrokerView.java
        at org.apache.xbean.maven.XBeanMojo.execute(XBeanMojo.java:202)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:447)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error
@[19,1] in file:/Users/bsnyder/src/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/BrokerView.java
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.impl.Parser.yyerror(Parser.java:638)
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.impl.Parser.yyparse(Parser.java:747)
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.impl.Parser.parse(Parser.java:619)
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.JavaDocBuilder.addSource(JavaDocBuilder.java:300)
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.JavaDocBuilder.addSource(JavaDocBuilder.java:316)
        at com.thoughtworks.qdox.JavaDocBuilder.addSource(JavaDocBuilder.java:312)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:533)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:531)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:531)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:531)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:531)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.listAllFileNames(QdoxMappingLoader.java:531)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.getSourceFiles(QdoxMappingLoader.java:516)
        at org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.loadNamespaces(QdoxMappingLoader.java:92)
        at org.apache.xbean.maven.XBeanMojo.execute(XBeanMojo.java:173)
        ... 18 more
--- Nested Exception ---