Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Law, Larry" <la...@countryfinancial.com> on 2002/10/24 21:17:27 UTC

MS ADO translation problems

I have been trying to translate some XML generated from an Access database
by an MS ActiveX Data Object.  I get a TransformerConfigurationException
with the message "Extra illegal tokens: '#RowsetSchema', ':', 'row'".
Here's the relevant part of my stylesheet:

version="1.0"
                xmlns:s='uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882'
                xmlns:dt='uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882'
                xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset'
                xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'>

Xalan seems to be choking on the '#' character in xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'.
If I take at the '#' character manually from the stylesheet and the source
XML, everything works great.  Unfortunately manual intervention doesn't help
me much.  We do have a workaround where we just to a string replace to
remove the '#' after the XML is generated, but I would like to figure out a
way to make it work with the '#' character, since that is what MS gives us
out of the box.

Thanks,

Larry