Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2001/04/14 22:42:04 UTC

[C2] ¿FlowMap?

Hi All,

Could the FlowMap be implemented as an Action?
Load your flowmap.xml into your context (SiteMap or Servlet context?)
Keep track of your user in a Session.
Provide <action/> <back/> etc.

Can Actions access Sessions?
Could Session objects be visible as XSLT Stylesheet params?
What if they implemented XMLFragment?

I'm just thinking about if you could make Crudlet without an XSP TagLib ....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: [C2] ¿FlowMap?

Posted by Allan Erskine <a....@cs.ucl.ac.uk>.
Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 3:48 PM +0200 15/4/01, giacomo wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

Hi Giacomo, thanks for your reply.

I am just trying to work out where to do all the jobs the Crudlet TagLib
does, if they were not going to be done in a TagLib (just trying to work
out if it is possible/desirable)

>> Could the FlowMap be implemented as an Action?
>
>?? What are you thinking a FlowMap is?

Something that allows me to map out (then control) the progress of my webApp
 	what needs to happen to "get here"
	where I am allowed to go next,
	what is the scope of the objects we are manipulating.

For instance if I could use something like a flo map to say, when you come
here I'll make you a new object that you are going to fill in over the next
couple of pages, then commit the object to the Space, and throw it away (if
you take this exit), unless of course you did not fill it in properly, or
wandered off, in which case, when you come back you can carry on filling it
in as long as you are within the session timeout.

>An Action can implement whatever
>it likes to.

Just a thought ... Now Actions have got xml configuration files, are they
going to be 'the new XSP'? ie. it's only a short step before people want
them compiled on the fly ... ?

>> Load your flowmap.xml into your context (SiteMap or Servlet context?)
>> Keep track of your user in a Session.
>> Provide <action/> <back/> etc.
>>
>> Can Actions access Sessions?
>
>Of course

Phew! ;)

Re: [C2] ¿FlowMap?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could the FlowMap be implemented as an Action?

?? What are you thinking a FlowMap is? An Action can implement whatever
it likes to.

> Load your flowmap.xml into your context (SiteMap or Servlet context?)
> Keep track of your user in a Session.
> Provide <action/> <back/> etc.
>
> Can Actions access Sessions?

Of course

> Could Session objects be visible as XSLT Stylesheet params?

I don't like it.

> What if they implemented XMLFragment?

I'm not familiar with XMLFragment

Giacomo