Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Juan Martin Pampliega <jp...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 04:39:38 UTC

Failed to create DataStorage when using PigRunner on mapreduce mode

Hi,

I'm getting the error "Failed to create DataStorage" when running a pig
script programatically from Java with PigRunner.

I'm using Pig 0.9.1 and Hadoop 0.20.205 with mapreduce running on a cluster
under Ubuntu Linux. The script works fine when launching it from the pig
command line either in local mode or mapreduce mode. It also works fine
when launching it with PigRunner in local mode.

I have followed this issue in JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2183 and applied some of the
instructions such us adding $HADOOP_HOME/lib and hadoop jar in $HADOOP_HOME
to the CLASSPATH. Also, I am using the pig-withouthadoop.jar.

Even though I have done all these things I am still getting the same error.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Juan.