Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Meier <DM...@SERENA.com> on 2007/03/06 21:00:02 UTC

[Axis2] IIS support for IIS 6

Hi Supun,

Thanks for creating the IIS filter for Axis2C.  I had 2 questions:

1.  Will the filter work with IIS 6 when running in full IIS 6 mode (not
IIS 5 compatibility mode)?

2.  Will it work with SSL (e.g. a url like https://localhost/...)?

Thanks,

-Dave Meier.

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: [Axis2] rampart/security question

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
Hi George,
See my comments below.
Cheers,
Kau

George Stanchev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to axis2/c and I had a use cases that wanted to see if
> it is supported.
>
> Clients of my services are expected to pass a SAML assertion in
> wsse header. The header is or it is not tagged with specific actor.
> The SAML asserttion needs to be checked for:
> * integrity (using its signature)
> * trust (using the PK/cert used to sign the assertion - checked against
>   a local keystore)
> * expiration
>
> Finally, the assertion needs to be passed to the services (or the
> services
> need to be able to get a hold of it) so they can use it further.
>
> Can someone tell me what in the use case above its possible and what now
> currently and may be suggest implementation direction?
Unfortunately Rampart/C does not support SAML yet. But indeed it is in
our TODO list.
> Should I write
> a custom handler if rampart doesn't support this? Does axis2/c allows
> access to processed and unprocessed SOAP headers from within the
> services?

Yes, you may. Axis2 architecture allows you to have your own handlers
and do the SOAP header processing. Alternatively you can use rampart
handlers and customize it to do the SAML processing.
If you are developing in C++ you can use OpenSAML.
http://www.opensaml.org/ rather than writing your own SAML library.
And FYI: We are expecting to enrich Rampart/C with SAML by July 2006.
> Thanks in advance!!

You are welcome.

[Axis2] soap serialization

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi,

Another, probably basic, question: I need to serialize a SOAP call to a
string buffer
without sending it anywhere. How do I this with axis2/c? Can you give me
some leads?

On the java side, I had to go through some hoops to get this - I had to
create a
dummy transport that I used to reflect back the outbound message when I
was doing
a call-out serialization. How can I do the same thing in axis2/c?

Thanks!

George Stanchev

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Axis2] rampart/security question

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi,

I am new to axis2/c and I had a use cases that wanted to see if
it is supported.

Clients of my services are expected to pass a SAML assertion in
wsse header. The header is or it is not tagged with specific actor.
The SAML asserttion needs to be checked for:
* integrity (using its signature)
* trust (using the PK/cert used to sign the assertion - checked against
  a local keystore)
* expiration

Finally, the assertion needs to be passed to the services (or the
services
need to be able to get a hold of it) so they can use it further.

Can someone tell me what in the use case above its possible and what now
currently and may be suggest implementation direction? Should I write

Re: [Axis2] IIS support for IIS 6

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
1. No, It won't work. The reason is that with IIS 6 Worker Process
Isolationa mode (the default) there is no guarantee that filters are
going to be single instansiated. But in the current implementation I
assume that filters are single instansiated. Still I couldn't setup a
Windows Server 2003 machine for developing the module on IIS 6. As
soon as I setup a machine I will look in to this issue. Please create
a Jira on this issue.

2. I haven't tested it with SSL. I will let you know soon.

Supun..