Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Misha Stankovic <mi...@optusnet.com.au> on 2005/04/03 08:34:56 UTC

Jexl if statement

Hi,

Could someone clarify for me please whether the jexl library supports if
statements.
It appears that theere is a placeholder for this statement in the language
syntax, but the statement does not seem to be implemented.
Whenever I tried creating expressions with the syntax

    if( expression ) statement;

I get an exception:

Invalid Expression: neither Reference nor Expression
at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionFactory.createNewExpression(ExpressionFact
ory.java:134)
at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionFactory.createExpression(ExpressionFactory
.java:94)
at test.JexlTest.testIfElse(JexlTest.java:53)
at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
at test.JexlTest.main(JexlTest.java:82)

Thanks
Misha

Re: Jexl if statement

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 3, 2005 4:34 PM, Misha Stankovic <mi...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone clarify for me please whether the jexl library supports if
> statements.

It does not.

> It appears that theere is a placeholder for this statement in the language
> syntax, but the statement does not seem to be implemented.

Correct. The grammar has it defined, but it is not implemented in the code.