Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/12/07 16:49:15 UTC

Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Hi all,

is anybody working on something that should go into 1.8.0 or could we
start thinking about doing that release thingy more or less right now?

Stefan

AW: Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>is anybody working on something that should go into 1.8.0 or could we
>start thinking about doing that release thingy more or less right now?

I try to migrate the <autoconf> to use IntrospecitionHelper.
But I wouldnt see that as Showstopper ...

Jan

Re: Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-12-07, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> wrote:

> On Monday 07 December 2009 16:49:15 Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Hi all,

>> is anybody working on something that should go into 1.8.0 or could we
>> start thinking about doing that release thingy more or less right now?

> Well, it is not especially work, but I would like to discuss again about
> target groups before they are released.

Good.  I intended to start such a discussion as preparation for writing
the docs anyway.

> I'll drop a mail soon.

Thank you

      Stefan

Re: Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On Monday 07 December 2009 16:49:15 Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is anybody working on something that should go into 1.8.0 or could we
> start thinking about doing that release thingy more or less right now?

Well, it is not especially work, but I would like to discuss again about
target groups before they are released. More precisely I would like to reopen
the thread called 'Maybe we should open up "depends" for all targets' [1]. I
think we should do it. Let me get some time to gather my ideas so I can
explain myself. I'll drop a mail soon.

Nicolas

[1]
http://old.nabble.com/Maybe-we-should-open-up-%22depends%22-for-all-targets-p20603861.html

Re: Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-12-07, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> I am for doing the release thingy right now.

it would still take a few days 8-)

> You mentioned the documentation for the target-group. I guess it
> should go into docs/manual/using.html and running.html.

I'd prefer to break it into a page of its own by now (one page for both
target and target-group).

> I did not read the code and do not know what we should write ...

I'm not too sure myself as I'm not convinced that the current code base
is what we want to release.  Let's see that the thread Nicolas is going
to start will leave us with.

Stefan

Re: Does Anybody Have Some Unfinished Work for 1.8.0?

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Stefan,

I am for doing the release thingy right now.

You mentioned the documentation for the target-group. I guess it should
go into docs/manual/using.html and running.html.

I did not read the code and do not know what we should write ...

Regards,

Antoine