Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 23:24:42 UTC

Re: Is M10 release possible?

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> We need a new Woden release for Axis2 1.7.0 anyway, so there will be
>> one. I would like to simplify the release process for Woden, and I
>> have a patch in the pipeline to migrate the documentation from Forrest
>> to Maven.
>

> In fact I have started some preparation for Woden 1.0 release but had to on
> hold due to some other priorities I hope I can continue my works again
> middle of this week .
>
> BTW It seems Woden code base is still in JDK 1.4 level, it would be better
> if we can move into Java 5 or 6. But I doubt which one of followings is the
> best choice at this time.
>
> Option 1-  As we are keep delaying Axis2 1.7, release Woden code with  JDK
> 1.4 level support, down side of this option is we never know whether this
> could be the very last Woden release.
>
> Option 2-  Move Woden code into Java 5( or 6) , down side of this approach
> is this will delay Axis2 1.7 release.
>
> I would like see others thoughts.

I would go for option 1. We shouldn't delay the Axis2 1.7 release and
I don't see why there wouldn't be another Woden release, in particular
if we try simplifying the release process.

> @Andreas, great to hear that you have  patch  to move documentation from
> Forrest to Maven something I really wanted to do but couldn't find enough
> time.

I committed the patch. Note that I migrated the site _sources_. The
generated site apparently has some manual changes which would be lost
if we republish it now from the migrated sources (svn log
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/website/woden/). Some of
them were done by you, I guess because you were in the same situation
as everybody else here, namely not having any idea how this Forrest
thing works :-). If you get some time it would be great if you could
review these changes and if necessary reintegrate them into the
sources. I think that once this is done, it should be fairly easy to
make this project releasable using a straightforward release process
such as the one I use for Axiom.

Re: Is M10 release possible?

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>