Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 20:11:35 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: == New issue == #CRITICAL#

For Administration > Users , I mean that if the administrator add a new user
with an existent email it will be better if we show a box to inform him and
he has to modify the email to process the operation.

An administrator can add, not intentionally, a new user with duplicate email
 And this is not professional at all !
Because this user will receive invitations email twice.

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: == New issue == #CRITICAL#

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
Okay Sebastian I understand what you want to say. And I'm convinced  :-)
I closed the issue. There is more critical improvements to do.

Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: == New issue == #CRITICAL#

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Okay,

what I tried to say was that email is not unique in the database and such a
check if the same user with the same email does already exist or not will
have bad effects to other parts of the application.

If an administrator is not able to remember that he accidently added the
same user already then maybe he should check this differently.

So actually:
1) This is not critical at all
2) A potential check that email already exists before will have to check
much more then if the email already exists or not cause the same email can
be multiple times in the database with no problem as long as the duplicated
email is connected to an externalUser or the user is for example disabled
or marked as deleted.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner