Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tim McCune <ti...@adapt.com> on 2005/11/15 18:16:10 UTC

Continuum rocks

Just wanted to give the Continuum developer(s) a pat on the back.  I
started a new job last week, and my first task was to set up automated
builds.  Day 1 of that task was spent creating project.xml and maven.xml
files for the projects.  I planned to spend the next day or 2
researching automated build tools and setting something up.  In less
than half a day, I discovered Continuum, tried it out, and everything
was up and running.  You've done an excellent job for a 1.0 release.
Thanks!

--Tim

Re: Continuum rocks

Posted by Tim McCune <ti...@adapt.com>.
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:22 +1100, Brett Porter wrote:
> Thanks Tim! Would you mind us sharing your testimonial on the web site
> at some point?

No problem.

> Also, can you perhaps offer some feedback on what the high priority
> plugins would be for you?

Xdoclet, site, dashboard, cobertura, pmd, simian, jnlp, sourceforge, and
javancss in that order.  We're using subversion here, so statcvs doesn't
do me much good these days, but at my old job, I know that's a
high-priority one as well.  Would LOVE to see a statcvs-like subversion
report.

Good luck!

Re: Continuum rocks

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tim! Would you mind us sharing your testimonial on the web site
at some point?

Also, can you perhaps offer some feedback on what the high priority
plugins would be for you?

- Brett

Re: Continuum rocks

Posted by Paul Rule <pa...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using subversion, maven2 and Continuum - its all
good. You guys are doing a great job! It all fits
together so smoothly - and takes away a lot of the
grunt work that wastes so much time.

Keep up the good work. I'd love to help if I can find
some time...

--- Tim McCune <ti...@adapt.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 18:23 +0100, Emmanuel Venisse
> wrote:
> > Thanks Tim.
> >
> > You can try maven 2 too ;-)
> >
> > We prepare Continuum 1.0.1
>
> Actually, I did spend a day first trying Maven 2.
> There were way too
> many plugins missing support for Maven 2 to make it
> of any practical
> value.  Hopefully soon.

Never miss an Instant Message - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
http://au.mobile.yahoo.com/mweb/index.html

Re: Continuum rocks

Posted by Tim McCune <ti...@adapt.com>.

Re: Continuum rocks