Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Guillermo Pérez <bi...@tuenti.com> on 2010/03/01 09:43:45 UTC

Re: Directly create chukwa records?

> There is a config file called CHUKWA_HOME/conf/aggregator.sql which support
> mysql aggregation to run on mysql database.  As long as the SQL is one
> liner, it could be added here for prototyping.

Thanks a lot. I will dig into this.

> Note, I am deprecating MetricDataLoader and db aggregator in Chukwa 0.4.0.
> The code is likely to be removed in 0.5.0.

When is expected chukwa 0.4.0? I would love to enter in testing
already using the new version already. Trunk is changed already?

--
Guille -ℬḭṩḩø- <bi...@tuenti.com>
:wq

Re: Directly create chukwa records?

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Trunk is fairly stable, and the new feature are:

    CHUKWA-454. DirTailingAdaptor can filter files. (Gerrit Jansen van
Vuuren via asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-449. Utility to generate sequence file from log file. (Bill
Graham via asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-440. Enable addon jar file for Demux from Distributed Cache.
(Eric Yang)

    CHUKWA-448. Write-ahead buffering for arbitrary adaptors. (asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-441. Added real time Hadoop activity monitor. (Eric Yang)

    CHUKWA-433. File-per-post writer for benchmark purposes. (asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-431. UDP Adaptor. (asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-46. Ability to allow only local connections to agent control
port. (asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-427. Automate FSM state calculation and load to database. (Eric
Yang)

    CHUKWA-424. FSMBuilder driver script. (Jiaqi Tan via asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-395. Support for generalized buffering of adaptor data.
(asrabkin)

    CHUKWA-405  Add a "stop all" command. (asrabkin)

But you will not find any shell script to access MetricDataLoader and
database related stuff.  MDL was the temp solution to prototype the end to
end system.  I am removing MDL to avoid steering people in the wrong
direction.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.