Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk> on 2006/06/15 11:31:22 UTC

dataTable containing dataTable's OR passing parameters... how?

Hello again,

It's been a few months since I've posted (off on other projects); anyway
I'm back and have a few questions. :-)

I'm pretty sure that you can't pass parameters from a JSF to a bean.
Such as passing in "top"...

1:

<h:dataTable id="itemsVM"

      value="#{theXXController.leve1("top")}"

      var="leve1"

Can anyone confirm that this is still the case?

2: I wish to have a h:dataTable containing other h:datatable's.

See example of the page here
http://www.qenet.co.uk/help/myfaces1/backup.html

I thought maybe I could use the variable from the first h:dataTable to
contain the DataModel used for the second h:dataTable.

This doesn't seem to work though.

i.e.

<h:dataTable id="itemsVM"

value="#{theXXController.leve1}"

      var="leve1"

<h:column>

<h:dataTable id="itemsES"

            value="#{leve1.wrappedData}"

            var="level2"

            <h:column>

                  <h:outputText value="#{level2.orderNumber}" />

            </h:column>

      </h:dataTable>

</h:column>

</h:dataTable>

This fails with the message "loader constraints violated when linking
javax/faces/model/DataModel class".

Can anyone give me a clue on how I can get h:dataTable's inside another
h:dataTable?

Volker are still about, can give me a clue? I think I owe you few beers
already. :-)

Jeff